Each student will receive a possibility of 25 points every time they are in class.
Dressing- 10 points
• Students are expected to wear appropriate clothing for P.E. class, especially shoes.
• If a student forgets their clothes but still have appropriate clothes to wear to participate, then they will lose 10 points, but still receive their participation points for the day.
Participation -15 points
• Every student is expected to participate in every class.
• Students that do not participate in class will lose their participation points.
*Students can also lose daily points for disciplinary reasons.
*On the third time that a student does not dress or participate in a quarter (and each time after that), they will be sent to the Dean’s office.
Students are expected to be in the gym when the bell rings and lined up for attendance, dressed and ready for class, 6 minutes after the bell. If a student is not in the gym when the bell rings, and not in line when role is taken they will be marked tardy. A 4th tardy will result in a detention.
If a student misses a class due to an absence, you will receive a 0 for your daily points. You can make those points up by participating in another P.E. class during a study hall, or scheduling a time before or after school to make up the class. You must first get a pass from your teacher to be able to do this. It is your responsibility to see your teacher about a missed class.
Lockers will be available to use during class only. Each student will be provided with a school issued padlock to use in the locker rooms. It is very important that students lock up their valuables in a locker during class. Each student is responsible for their valuables. Please lock them up. If you do not have a lock or have lost yours you can purchase one from your teacher.
School wide grading scale will be used.
Grades are based of accumulated points throughout the quarter and semester.
Semester grade is broken down 50/50 between the 1st quarter and 2nd quarter.
• Show up dressed and ready to participate with a good ATTITUDE
• Show respect to your teacher and fellow students at all times
• Show respect to our school by taking care of the equipment and keeping the facilities clean.
• No use of cell phones in the locker room.
• Students must enter and leave the gym in proper school dress code. (shirts, skirt, belts, outerwear, and footwear)
• Be prepared to go outside when the weather is appropriate.
• No bullying and no whining!
Assumption High School | 1020 West Central Park Avenue | Davenport, IA 52804 | 563.326.5313
Copyright © 2010 Assumption High School All rights reserved.